Effective Date: August 31, 2023
This Platform is operated in the United States and intended for use by individuals in the United States.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or mobile operating system.
- Employment Information. For example, we may collect your resume, employment history, and references. We may also collect information relating to your current job title and company.
- Background Checks. If you apply to be a freelancer, we may collect any information included in a credit or criminal background check.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the services in which you are interested or have considered. We may also collect personal information about your consuming history or tendencies.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your username and password.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account;
- Submit an inquiry to us;
- Apply to be a freelancer;
- Download our mobile application;
- Interact with our social media accounts; or
- Become a partner.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect user information over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors. We may also receive information from third-party recruiters or career agencies. If we are providing services in relation to a cyber insurance policy, we may receive information about you from the insurance carrier.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine the information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your information to make our Platform and business better. This includes using your information to match freelancers and partners. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform, such as contacting your cell phone via SMS for multi-factor authentication purposes.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
- As Requested or Directed By You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Customers. If you are a freelancer, we may share your information with our customers who may be interested in your services. Likewise, if you are a business customer, we may share information about you and your company with interested freelancers.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, we may also share personal information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks, and advertising service providers for the purposes described in this Policy. We may share personal information with third party partners and/or suppliers who we work together with to provide the product or service requested by you. We will only share the specific information that is necessary to provide and complete your requested product or service. We may also share personal information with companies that help us learn more about our customers. If we are providing services in relation to a cyber insurance policy, we may share information about you with your insurance carrier.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if we merge with, are acquired by, or sell part of our business to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization, or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- For Other Reasons, We May Describe to You, As Requested or Directed By You.
- Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of our disclosure of your personal information unless it is required by law. However, we are not responsible or liable for any costs paid to the point of your opt-out, if we cannot provide your requested product or service due to your opt-out. If you want to opt-out of our disclosure and sharing of your information, please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of your receipt of this notice.
For purposes of illustration only, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to attempt to achieve the stated goals of our privacy policies, as a matter of practicality we cannot and we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Platform where this Policy is located is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13 and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries as “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device-specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on your state or country of residence, you may have certain privacy rights under applicable law.
- Further details about the personal information we collect about you;
- Access to, the rectification of, or deletion of certain personal information; or
- That we stop sharing or using your personal information in certain circumstances.
- If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address listed below.
- Note that we may take steps to verify your identity before processing your request. Where required by law, we may accept a privacy request from someone acting on your behalf; however, we may still contact you to verify that this individual is authorized to make the request for you.
- We strive to process privacy requests in compliance with applicable law. However, in some circumstances, we may not be legally required or able to comply with your request.
- You can file a complaint with a local data protection authority or regulator regarding our processing of your personal information. That stated, if you have concerns or complaints, please let us know so we can work to address the issue.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. You may also write to us at the following address:
222 W Merchandise Mart
Chicago, IL 60605
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.